A new thermal inkjet solution that brings secure, personalized credential issuance to entry- and mid-level markets will finally land in the Philippines. HID Global has announced its latest printer and encoder—HID FARGO INK1000.
The new inkjet printer revolutionizes the desktop card printing through its simplicity and affordability, making it easier and less costly to print personalized cards and even IDs. It targets small- to medium-sized businesses and universities/schools, which usually require printing of high-quality corporate or guest badges, student and faculty ID cards, or even loyalty or gift cards.
“Until now, small- and medium-sized organizations have had very limited options for personalized credential issuance due to high costs and complex maintenance requirements,” said HID Global Vice President and Managing Director of Secure Issuance Craig Sandness. “Our HID FARGO INK100 solution resolves those challenges, creates an unmatched industry benchmark for affordability and ease-of-use, and extends the simplicity of inkjet printing popularized for home use to retail counters and office environments.”
HID FARGO INK1000 is as easy to use as any other home office printer. However, it eliminates the print ribbons and specialized card media required by alternative direct-to-card (DTC) desktop solutions that use dye sublimation technology. It comes with easy-to-install snap-in cartridges that deliver the simplicity and reliability of inkjet printers and contain specially formulated inks for creating fade-resistant images and text that adhere to standard, off-the-shelf polyvinyl chloride (PVC) cards. Just a single ink cartridge can possibly produce hundreds of more cards than printers that use ribbons. It also creates less waste while significantly improving the total cost of ownership.
The new ID card printer also comes with more capabilities:
• Can facilitate single-side thermal inkjet printing on standard PVC cards. This is ideal for credit card printing
• Brings card designs to life in vibrant 600 dpi (dots per inch) X 1200 dpi resolution while remaining in the costs of an ordinary ribbon-based card printers
• Superior image durability through heating technology combined with specially formulated ink to support fast-drying, UV-stable printing that overcomes image fading
• Intuitive operation, small footprint, and convenient same-side input/output
• Can perform optional contactless card encoding for door entry, cashless vending, time and attendance, gift, and loyalty program applications, even entry-level market financial cards that use QR codes