Lenovo has launched its last models of laptops for 2019—the ThinkBook 14 and ThinkBook 15. The giant PC maker is specifically targeting modern young and digitally-inclined professionals—the millennials and Gen Z users that comprise 60% of the new workforce—who seek the right balance between premium aesthetics and high-end specifications when looking for work devices.
This strategy is in line with the company’s commissioned study, conducted by Forrester Consulting, about workplace transformation. The research found that the two age groups largely consider the appearance and material as the features they value the most whenever they purchase new laptops. Moreover, the groups also prefer devices that complement their personality and provide smartphone-like experiences.
“The ThinkBook 14 and 15 combine standout performance and sophisticated design in one neat package,” said Lenovo Philippines General Manager Michael Ngan during the local launch of both laptops. “Designed for optimum productivity, these devices are built to keep up with the demands of the modern workplace. With Lenovo, we want you to work smarter—not harder.”
The Think line of laptops are noted for being go-to business devices and are traditionally designed for enterprises. However, with the ThinkBook 14 and ThinkBook 15, the brand is reaching out to small and medium-sized businesses, including entrepreneurs and young professionals, to offer the device they will love—combining style and power.
Here are the main features that make the Lenovo ThinkBook 14 and ThinkBook 15 stand out:
• Both come with full HD (1920 X 1080) resolution anti-glare IPS panels, with the screens bendable up to 180 degrees, making it easy to collaborate and share. There are narrow bezels, promising a screen-to-body ratio of 80% and up, leaving plenty of room for work which means fewer distractions for the user.
• The powerful 10th generation Intel Core processors bring about lightning-quick processing. The processors boast 2.5 X faster AI performance, 3 X faster connectivity due to Wi-Fi 6 support, and has up to 2 X the graphics performance compared to the 8th generation Intel Core processors. (The ThinkBook 14 has an Intel Core i5-10210U processor, while the ThinkBook 15 has an Intel Core i7-10510U processor.)
• The memory and storage are enhanced in both devices—with 8GB DDR4 memory and 512GB M.2 solid-state drives, facilitating faster loading times. Graphics-wise, the ThinkBook 14 has an Integrated Intel UHD Graphics, while the ThinkBook 15 is powered by an AMD Radeon 620 graphics card.
• The sleek mineral gray finish of aluminum makes both devices appear premium in style and overall appearance. Both are MIL-SPEC-tested, making them durable enough to withstand the rigors of everyday business use and other conditions such as water spills and extremely high or low temperatures.
• There are pre-loaded features that bolster productivity. An integrated reader on the Smart Power Button enables users to instantly log in or boot up just like on a smartphone. Skype calls can be facilitated or dropped just by clicking designated Business Hot Keys. Both come with an Intel Optane Memory Module, allowing faster access to frequently used business apps and the Trusted Platform Module, which in turn enables Windows 10 security features and encrypts user data.
• Both are covered by Lenovo’s comprehensive support portfolio that includes services like the Think Service and Support providing automatic access to business-grade expertise; Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) support covering damages not usually part of the standard warranties (minor spills, drops, or damages to the screen); and Onsite Next Business Day Support, a support service exclusive to Think devices wherein technical support and expertise will be provided within the next business day on-premises.
The Lenovo ThinkBook 14 and ThinkBook 15 are now available in all authorized Lenovo sellers nationwide. Prices start at P48,990 and P57,490, respectively.