Rubrik, a Cloud Data Management Company, has announced updates to its cloud data management platform, offering global enterprises best-in-class data storage, protection, and orchestration. Details of Rubrik’s winter product release were shared today in a virtual event with top IT industry leaders, emphasizing the company’s focus on helping today’s businesses modernize and automate, extend to the cloud and mitigate risk around their soaring volumes of data.
“Rubrik is driving a revolution in modern data management,” said Dan Rogers, president at Rubrik. “With Andes 5.3, innovative companies can add automation to their data operations, protection across hybrid environments including all three major public cloud providers, and mitigate increasing data risks.”
Rubrik’s latest advancements come at a time when businesses are accelerating cloud adoption to better support distributed workforces and explosive data growth. In a recent report, global research and advisory firm Forrester predicted that, largely as a result of the pandemic, the global public cloud infrastructure will grow 35% in 2021. More than 59 zettabytes (ZB) of data will be created, captured, copied, and consumed in the world this year, according to a new update to the Global DataSphere from International Data Corporation (IDC).
To thrive in this changing environment, enterprises need a data management solution that can seamlessly migrate and power on data in the cloud and protect against increasingly sophisticated cyberattacks. The Andes 5.3 release is designed to address the needs of customers by delivering more enterprise-scale and performance, enhanced turnkey cloud migration, and expanded intelligent risk mitigation.
Performance at Enterprise Scale
Andes 5.3 offers improved performance benchmarks for large enterprise infrastructure and applications:
- 10x faster backups of SQL Server environments with hundreds of databases per host–supporting up to 10,000 SQL databases on a single Rubrik 4-node cluster;
- Oracle backup speed doubled to nearly one gigabyte per second;
- A new ‘Recovery Validation’ feature for Oracle in Andes 5.3 will enable validation and recovery tests that ensure an Oracle database is recoverable;
- New Service Level Agreement (SLA) policies can be applied to Rubrik Elastic App Service or managed volumes–enabling full backup automation; and
- NAS restore performance has improved 3x and NetApp scanning performance has doubled, allowing for 35 million files to be scanned in less than 15 minutes.
Enterprise Risk Mitigation
Beyond immutable backups and faster recovery across hybrid environments, Rubrik offers products that work on top of its data protection platform Polaris to help customers proactively mitigate data risk, even as threats accelerate.
Over 2,700 customers around the world trust Rubrik to protect, automate, and govern their applications at a massive scale in one seamless fabric from data centers to the cloud. Rubrik enables breakthrough simplicity, speed, and savings for the enterprise, and serves three of four Fortune 100 telecom companies, two of four Fortune 100 defense and aerospace companies, two of three Fortune 100 specialty retailers, and four of five Fortune 100 insurance companies.
To learn more about Rubrik Andes 5.3, visit www.rubrik.com.