After almost two months of temporary closure, Wilcon Depot has announced its reopening. The home improvement and construction supply retailer will be reopening all its stores nationwide (except Wilcon Home Essentials Alimall in Cubao, Quezon City) on Saturday, May 16, 2020.
This follows the authorization from the national government through the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on Emerging Infectious Diseases for hardware stores and retailers to restart operations as Metro Manila shifts to Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), which allows operations of certain industries and businesses to resume. Meanwhile, many cities and provinces nationwide will be on General Community Quarantine (GCQ).
Moreover, the company will be implementing specific measures to ensure the safety and health of its customers. Those precautionary actions include:
– No face mask, no entry policy
– Hand sanitizers and alcohol are available at the entrance and in various areas of the store
– Sanitizing footbath is provided at the entrance of the store
– Checking of body temperature of all employees and customers upon entry
– Implementation of physical distancing—1 meter apart between all customers
– Only two persons are allowed inside the elevator at a time
– Regular store sanitation is mandated
Wilcon Stores will also temporarily be operating from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
Prior to this re-opening, many Wilcon Stores in the Visayas and Mindanao areas have been operating, but on special schedules. Some stores in areas under ECQ and GCQ have already been facilitating transactions for pick-up and delivery.
As of press time, other hardware-retailers are yet to announce the resumption of their respective operations, though most of them are currently transacting online for pick-up and delivery.