For the eighth time, Google Philippines has released its YouTube Ads Leaderboard, revealing 10 of the most popular local ads on the video-sharing site in the first half of 2017.
The latest list shows how brands succeeded in utilizing the potential of online video to reach out to more consumers. It also disproves the common notion that attention span of online users get shorter and they tend to be distracted by many factors. On the contrary, some of the popular video ads from January to June 2017 last about 3 minutes long.
Google interprets this as showing that if online ads have the right message, consumers will surely pay attention.
“The Leaderboard highlights the most watched ads on YouTube in the Philippines and is a great snapshot of Filipino creativity and storytelling ability,” said Google Philippines Country Marketing Manager Gabby Roxas. “The range and quality is outstanding and it’s great to see all the brands on the list doing so well.”
The top ads on YouTube for the period demonstrate the importance of being seen and being heard. The list highlight the effectiveness of using strong sense of Filipino values, the attractiveness of showing celebrating family ties, and the power of catchy tunes in telling stories or delivering marketing message.
Here are the top 10 on YouTube Leaderboard ads list for the first half of 2017:
1. #CreateCourage – Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
2. Kaya Niya, Kaya Ko
3. Nesfruta Buko? Why Not, Coconut!
4. Experience out-of-this-world joy with #smoothand chocolatey Cadbury Dairy Milk
5. #NoMoreKapitWiFi with #GlobeAtHome Prepaid WiFi
6. The Boy Who Loves to Study
7. Kwentong Jollibee Valentine Series: Crush
8. Commute Pa More, #FreshPaMore with Kathryn Bernardo
9. Make Meaningful Connections Like Never Before
10. Ang Regalo ni Lolo